Our conservation policy is to promote healthy captive breeding. This will stop importation of tortoises from the wild
- To prevent Cruelty to and to care for sick and neglected tortoise.
- To advance the education of the public and to provide training in the care and welfare of tortoise.
- To preserve and protect endangered species and their natural habitats.
- To establish and maintain a national resource and information centre providing assistance, advice and education regarding the objectives.
- To promote development of support groups in the UK including their maintenance structure and content and to make grants to such support groups.
- To promote and support research in connection with the objectives or any of them and related concerns to collaborate with others in similar fields.
- To publish, co-operate in or promote the publication of tapes, books, films, pamphlets, journals, news-sheets or other publications and recordings in and towards the attachment of the objectives.
- To raise funds and invite and receive contributions from any person or persons, corporations or other organisations whatsoever, by the way of loan, subscription, donation and otherwise.